This page features some of the Community Service Council's main coming events...conferences, community forums, award celebrations, fundraisers, and other selected public events sponsored or co-sponsored by CSC, or related to our key issues or initiatives.
(For other CSC meetings, see the Calendar).
CHAT-TI (Training Institute)
10:00 a.m. to Noon
Indian Health Care Resource Center
• December 12: Panel on Housing Opportunities in Tulsa Community
• January 23, 2015: Trauma Informed Treatment
Programming is subject to change. Questions? Contact Colleen Ayers-Griffin
Bridging the Gap Between Today and Tomorrow
Monday, December 1, 2014 - 9:00 am-10:30 am
OU-Tulsa Perkins Auditorium
Speaker: Roni Christopher, MD, MPH, Thomas Jefferson School of Public Health
Topics: population health; value based care; engagement
FREE to attend
Learn How to Claim Your Coverage - Healthcare Marketplace Education Event
Monday, December 1, 5:30 – 7:30pm
TCC Northeast Campus, 3727 E. Apache
We can help you:
• Learn about the Health Insurance Marketplace
• Find out who is eligible for help paying for premiums
• Learn about eligibility for immigrant families
• Discover special benefits for American Indians and Alaska Natives
• Locate in-person assistance for enrollment
An enrollment event
will be held on Monday, December 8
, 2014 from 10:00am-7:00pm at Tulsa Community College-Northeast Campus.
Download the full calendar of free CIC Data Training Events, 2014-2015 here.
USING OnTheMap TO MAP EMPLOYMENT DATA
Thurs., November 20, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Community Service Council, 16 East 16th Street
Hands-on workshop: Please bring your own laptop or other device
Learn how to use this online tool developed by the US Census Bureau to map employment and unemployment data and worker characteristics for your selected geographies. OnTheMap focuses on where workers work and live. Five types of economic analysis available:
• Area Profile - worker data by age group, earnings, industry sector, sex, race, ethnicity, and educational attainment.
• Area Comparison -same as above, but for multiple geographies for comparison.
• Distance/Direction - gives distance in miles between work and home.
• Destination - names the places of residence with the number of workers in each.
• Inflow/Outflow - detailed data about the number of people who live and/or work in a geography.
Trainer: Steve Beleu, Regional Librarian for Federal Government Information/Coordinator, Oklahoma State Data Center Coordinating Agency.
Empowering Oklahoma's Women
Eliminating Health Disparities Through a Lens of Social Justice
October 2, 2014 - schedule of events; listen to podcasts
Using Census Data for Grant Writing and Community Needs Assessment
presented by Jerry O'Donnell, U.S. Census Bureau, Denver Regional Office
...is now available on the Census Bureau's website.
Click here for the webinar
Click here for a PDF of the PowerPoint
Looking ahead to 2015...